Re: [UAI] UAI and double blind reviews

From: Robert P. Goldman (goldman@htc.honeywell.com)
Date: Fri Nov 16 2001 - 14:09:11 PST

    While we are debating the feasibility and desirability of double-blind
    reviewing, I would very much like to see us also consider the cost.

    Double-blind paper preparation and reviewing is not "for free," and we
    are already asking for significant effort to manage the yearly UAI
    conference.

    Unless someone can propose an enormous payoff to double-blind
    reviewing (and with all due respect to the previous posters, I haven't
    heard one yet), I prefer that we forego the nuisance.

    Cheers,